Saturday, July 17, 2010

Welcome - my first post





Welcome to my blog. Being my first post let me credit the side image to ICON who are fortunate to sell authentic signed Messi shirts... unfortunately sold out though!!

This blog is just another means for me to vent on the week of football... and anything else I want to crap on about.  If you haven't picked up on it already... my blog has a Barca / Messi theme. I am a Messi fanatic... a Barca fanatic... a proud Barca member... so losing sleep thinking about La Liga... especially now that Mourinho has taken over Real Madrid. This La Liga victory will be even sweeter than the last.

Congratulationis to Spain!!! Being of Greek/Australian background I was optimistically hoping maybe Greece could pull off a Euro 2004 trick however I definately favoured Spain or Argentina for obvious reasons. And wouldn't say this was the most riveting World Cup... but the best team won especially after that dismal performance by the Dutch. For Spain to stick to their magnificent game and come through just re-enforces how great the game is.

The countdown is now on till La Liga and the EPL... and of course Champions League. As for the EPL... call me a bandwagon jumper or whatever but I have come to support Man City within the Premier League. For a number of reasons... my dislike for Man Utd... the fact that some sheik came along and has given that extra hope to all City supporters... and in the end... money wont make the team... no matter how much he spends... the team will need to gel and the players will have to play as a team.

But in the end there is only Barca. Forca Barca. Of course its also great that my gf follows Barca now as well... even if it is just to have a perv on Pep Guardiola.

3 comments:

  1. Nice first post :) Looking forward to reading some more!

    Ms S Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you have good taste! Argentina does not know how to administer Messi. It is already proved that he is the best and FC Barcelona and Guardiola do know how to make the best out of him. And what to say about La Roja, 7 Barça players. Iniesta!!!!!!! One great reason to be even more proud of Barça. Villa!!! Imagine Messi, Villa, Iniesta, Pedro, Xavi, Alves, Adriano, Busquets, Piquer, Puyol, Keita, Abidal...Absolutely impressive team. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that was one of the main problems with Argentina... along with their defense. Messi had to drop back into the defensive half to touch the ball. As you say Barca know how to use him... and when you have players such as Pique and Puyol who can drive the ball from defense and allow Xavi and Iniesta to create the play then Messi's magic will follow. I am glad Iniesta scored the winning goal... few injuries during the season so it was well deserved. Think Villa makes a great addition and looking forward to see how Adriano fits into Barca.

    Hopefully i will get to see a few games at Camp Nou this season!

    ReplyDelete